Saturday 9 April 2011

Don't just FREAKIN CUT my hair!! Style It!

So I didn't have any intention of blogging today - but after yesterday's experience - I told myself I had to for my fans! hahah

So what was so good that I did yesterday? 

But before that, tell me this! Have you ever gone to like 100 different hairstylists and feel like you have to spoon-feed them with everything, and yet  after all that come out frustrated with the result?

O TRUST ME I HAVE! But all that ended when I walked into Latino Hair Studio in Bull Creek Shopping Centre! My hairstylist Fidel Rodriguez hailing from Peru really is the best! All I have to do is sit down, and he tells me what I shloud do for my head shape etc! Now that's a real hairstylist! BUT I will do a special post on Latino Hair Studio very soon! 

Today I want to talk about this other place I came across called MAKASI within the PERTH CBD! (Shop 3, 138 Barrack Street!) - Next to Taka Jap Restaurant! 

___________________________________________________________

So there I was with my friends Priscilla and Tiffany on the way to the city when I mentioned that my eyebrows were really out of shape and needed some IMMEDIATE attention! The previous stored I had been to were total rip-offs! Charging me 17 dollars just to do a clean-up! STUPID REALLY! BTW meet my two gorgeous friends Tiffany and Priscilla! 


Pretty ain't it? 


So anyway, Priscilla tells me about this place called MAKASI that she had been to before and that's how my day turned around! 

We walk into MAKASI, this quaint store along the busy streets of the the city centre! THE store owner SONIA, hailing from Kenya but being of Indian origins was really nice and sweet. I told her that I wanted my eyebrows SAVED/SHAPED but still have the AU NATURALE finish at the end! 


Oh come on......I mean I love TO groom but not LOOK like I've BEEN GROOMED! right? haha

I sat down and it only took her 10 seconds to thread here and there! My eyes was obviously tearing by then! BTW I will never get use to the threading pain! It is always going to feel like 1000 million ants eating your eyebrows haha! But yet I still do it because it gives a very natural finish as opposed to looking very shaped and touched! 

I was surprised by the 10 minutes - but as soon as I saw the mirror I was like WOW! This lady knows what she's doing! 

She then told me that my copper highlights need to be changed! She said that she can help me repair my hair by removing the copper and restoring it to a BLACK/GREEN tint with Matte Brown highlight! At first I was hesitant, but after talking it over with friends and being tempted by the 75 dollar price, we sat down to get our hair done! She told us each what she thinks would be the best look for us! She brought out the colors told us why it'd suit our face etc! 

My heart leapt for joy the moment I sat on that chair because I knew I was dealing with A STYLIST and not just some person who CUTS HAIR! I love being able to sit and tell the stylist to surprise me! And with SONIA I could do that!


Priscilla - Going for light chocolate brown streaks/ highlights! 

After having the dye cream on, I was so tempted to have this look as the FINISH! haha


Tiffy - going for a full copper finish! 
Work in Progress! You're lucky you get to see this picture! haha

Let me tell you after 4 hours, I was so happy with my result! And even before I could tell Sonia that my hair was thick and needed texturizing, she told me that she's going to texturize my hair for me! Genius? You tell me! 

Tiffy/ Priscilla were also happy with their hair! We 3 looked fabulous in the end! There was a sudden rush in the store, so Sonia put the threading on the house! 

It really felt like a good old time when you can go into a saloon, talk about your life, share, feel at home, and just fully trust the stylist with your hair! The service was second to none! Sonia and her team of stylist moved around well and helped each other out! They were genuinely EXPERTS at their field and I take my hats off to Sonia for running such a cozy saloon! 

SO GUYZ & GALS...what are you waiting for? Run on down to MAKASI and I'm very sure you will be well taken care of & come out looking fabulous! All you have to say is SONIA, my hair NEEDS YOUR HELP!!! And be prepared for some transformations! haha ;) 



The rice range is mid to high! Not too pricy and not too cheap! Just be assured you get your money's worth! There was even a girl who walked in asking the stylist to style her with extensions like Kim Kardashian! And let me tell you, I was blown away! The guy did a great job! 

Here are some MAKASI reviews - ( http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/makasi-for-hair-and-beauty/perth) - just blot out the bad reviews! Trust me you have to be there to believe SONIA's work and hospitality! Nuff said?

- JRF -


ps.1 - You'll see the end result in the next post! I'll be showcasing the fashion within Pris' VIP bday party! Ok Ok I'll at least show you the eyebrows! VAGUELY!!!




ps.2 - Ill see you in 3 weeks Sonia, to get my eyebrows adjusted again! Finally, my eyebrows can breathe a sigh of relieve! 

No comments:

Post a Comment